Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Canmake Cream Cheek review

So recently through the kindness of a fellow blogger, I got my greedy little paws on a small Canmake haul xD. I don't want to put her name out here in case others start bugging her for CPs. She does not do CPs, and did this purely out of the kindness of her heart as a favour for me.
Thank you very very much babe! xD
As part of my haul, I got 2 of Canmake's Cream Cheek blushes in 01: Dream Peach and 04: Vitamin Orange.


Swatches: left is Dream Peach and right is Vitamin Orange.

I don't know if I've ever told you guys but for some reason, orange based blushes never work on me. I was probably the only one in the whole world who bought MAC's infamous Ripe Peach blush and then returned it. Orange blush tends to turn rusty on me and make me look like an Oompa Loompa, so it must've been some strange cosmic reason that made me pick out Vitamin Orange, and I'm so glad I did!
It might look really scary in the pan, but it's actually really sheer once it's blended out and on my NC20 yellow based skin, it just looks really natural.
Texture wise, it's really soft and light, and dries to an almost powdery finish. It does take a while to dry though, so unlike the MUFE HD blush (the only other type of cream blush I own) you don't have work fast to blend it out. Finish is matte, but it does leave a glow.
Staying power is a not the greatest, and if I don't touch up some time during the day, nothing remains. I'll say it lasts at least 4-5hours? probably much longer if you use a primer or don't have oily skin.
I did a FOTD with it xD






Damage:
Approx CAN$11 I think? Much cheaper if you buy it from Japan! A blogger that I've been following for a long time has recently opened an online store which stocks Japanese cosmetics. She is located in Japan and her prices are really reasonable!She sells the entire Cream Cheek collection here.
Verdict:
Recommended for cream blush newbies! really easy to work with and gorgeous results! The worst part about this product is its cheap packaging. It has the worst packaging I've ever seen in a blush >_> but then again Canmake IS  a teenage brand xD

P.S.


Caption this LOLCAT xD

5 comments:

  1. the lipcolor is nice :)
    and EOTD is nice. I not yet try creme blush, i scared that they are hard to blend :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. the look is very nice and very natural! I got excited and thought you could buy Canmake products in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vitamin orange is soooooo bloomin good I love that. I have yet to try any of the others but I shall.

    Thank you for your review x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to the website. We have a mall here that sells these kinds of things, but it's super over priced >_< The blush for $11 from the website isn't bad at all ;)
    As always, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you find names for both kittens yet?

    ReplyDelete