Thursday, September 30, 2010

FOTD with NARS Rajasthan duo

I've been planning to do a look for this duo but as per usual, I procrastinate too much - the latest excuse is that I've been catching up on older episodes of Supernatural (I only realised the other day that "Sam" in Supernatural used to be Rory's boyfriend "Dean" in Gilmore Girls xD).
This duo is my current favourite, it's the one I reach for on most days as it's just so darn useful. I use it in the day time for a subtle smokey and I use it at night for an INTENSE smokey eye (btw, it is spelled "smokey" or "smoky"? I want to insistently ignore the spell-check red lines because "smoky" just doesn't look right...). Perfect for Autumn with all the browns and blacks I tend to wear.
Products used:
  • NARS Rajasthan duo (I was recently asked by a reader how to pronounce the name of this duo, bear in mind I have a funny accent due to being a Somalian pirate but the way I'd pronounce it would be "Rah-jus-than");
  • NARS Multiple in Portofino;
  • NARS Blush and Bronzer Duo in Deep Throat and Laguna
  • Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero;
  • Maxfactor 2000 Calorie mascara in Black;
  • Gosh Effect Powder in Bottle;
  • Maquillage Neo Climax lip in RD422;
  • Urban Decay Triple X Shine lipgloss in Guys <3 Betsy;
  • MAC lipstick in Innocence, Beware!;
  • MAC lipglass in Sweet Strawberry;
  • Dior Skinflash Radiance Boosting Pen in 002 (not pictured);
  • Anna Sui loose powder (not pictured);
  • Coffret d'or soft gel foundation (not pictured)
Day look:

  • Apply light shade of Rajasthan duo to entire eyelid
  • Using a pencil brush, apply dark shade of duo to upper lash line and extend into crease.
  • Blend away harsh lines.
  • Apply mascara
  • Lightly dab NARS Multiple in Portofino on apples of cheeks, blend away harsh lines with a fan brush.
  • Apply Innocence, Beware! lipstick and top with Sweet Strawberry lipglass.
Evening look:


  • Darken outer V and crease dark shade of Rajasthan duo;
  • Dust Gosh Effect Powder on outer half of lid;
  • Line a cat eye with UD Zero;
  • Using a pencil brush, apply dark shade of duo to outer half of lower lash line;
  • Contour using Laguna;
  • Highlight using Dior Skinflash pen;
  • Apply UD gloss and Maquillage gloss

Day:                                                                                                  Night:

      9 comments:

      1. Oooh how sexay

        Love your night look.

        ReplyDelete
      2. gorgeous! I like the night look more :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. LOVE it! I think i'm going to have to add this to my growing stash of make up XD

        ReplyDelete
      4. I have heard a lot of raves about NARS Rajasthan, and not surprisingly, it looks gorgeous on you, Nunu!

        Love both your day and night look you created with it! ;)

        ReplyDelete
      5. Who cares how it's spelled, all it matters is that you're smoking! hehe!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Oooh! I love the Innocence, Beware lipstick color! I might have to look into getting that before my job interviews. I'm looking for a color that'll be subtle enough that it'll be acceptable for (fairly/quite conservative) Japanese interviewers but I don't want to just go with nothing or look like a dead person with too nude of a color.

        The looks are great! I love that the night look could be for a nice dinner out (so one doesn't end up looking like a whore who's getting paid to look like a respectable date).

        :)

        ReplyDelete
      7. Love the night look! And I think it is spelled smokey?

        ReplyDelete