Friday, February 26, 2010

Late night experimentation and may we please win the hockey.

I had a choice, I could either sit there, and watch the bf play NHL on the PS3, watch him concentrate intensely on moving little men across the TV screen, listen to him swear as he is beaten by the 10 year old on the other side of the game, or I could go and play with my much neglected makeup collection.
hmmm...how hard of a decision was that?

Products used:
  • UDPP;
  • MAC Colour Forecast Crushed Metal Pigment Stack 1;
  • MAC Vanilla;
  • Estee Lauder More Than Mascara mascara
Directions:
  • Prime eyelids with UDPP;
  • Using a large paddle shaped fluff brush, such as the MAC 227, pat Pink pigment over the entire lid area up to your crease;
  • Using a smaller fluff brush, pat Rose pigment onto the middle third of eyelid; bring the colour slightly into the outer third of the eyelid.
  • Using a pencil brush, carefully apply Purple pigment onto crease and outer V;
  • Blend away any harsh lines with a fluffy blending brush.
  • Using a flat angled brush, apply Lilac pigment to inner corner and inner third of lower lash line;
  • Using a pencil brush, apply Purple pigment to outer third, and middle third of lower lash line
  • Highlight brow bone with Vanilla;
  • Curl lashes, and apply mascara.


These are the first pigments I've ever purchased from MAC. I've always shied away from loose shadows due to the whole mess factor, I caved this time cos of the cute packaging...epic fail T.T. Surprisingly, even though I didn't use mixing medium, there wasn't much fall out from these pigments. The only one that was not on par was the light lilac pigment, for some reason, it was much chunkier than the other pigments, applied unevenly, and had a lot of fall out. Should probably apply that one wet next time.

Products used:
  • UDPP;
  • Cargo Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Barcelona;
  • MAC Graphic Garden;
  • Random silver shadow from my 88 shimmer palette used as highlight;
  • Estee Lauder More Than Mascara mascara (btw don't you find this name kind of contradictory? if it's more than mascara why is it still called mascara?)
Directions:
  • Prime eyelids with UDPP;
  • Using a large paddle eyeshadow brush, apply violet shade to entire eyelid up to crease;
  • Using a fluffy brush, apply periwrinkle shade to middle third of lid;
  • Using a pencil brush, apply royal blue shade to outer third of lid;
  • Darken crease, and outer corner including upper lashline with Graphic Garden;
  • Apply a light silver shade to brow bone as highlighter;
  • Blend carefully with a fluffy blending brush;
  • Using a pencil brush apply Graphic Garden to outer half of the lower lash line, dip same pencil brush into the royal blue shade and apply on top of Graphic Garden;
  • Using a flat angled brush, apply periwrinkle shade to inner half of lower lash line;
  • Curl lashes and apply mascara.


This is the Cargo palette's debute, I bought it waaaay back when the brand was being phased out at Sephora. I still don't think any of the colours in the palette can be correctly described as "matte" in the traditional sense of the word, but they are definitely less shimmery than say...MAC's veluxe pearls? They also don't have the chalkiness often seen in matte shadows.
Quality wise, the pigmentation is little bit on the sheer side, and to achieve this level of intensity I had to really layer it on. I can't really comment on staying power as I jumped into the shower shortly after taking these photos. Must say, it took less effort to work with these shadows than with the pigments.
It's kind of sad that I have all these different colours which never really get see the light of day because on weekdays I'm too rushed for time to do anything this complex, and on weekends I pretty much just want to laze about at home.

p.s. Yes, I did put different coloured eyeshadows on each eye, wanna see?(omg I so need to get that lazy eye fixed!)
 

Looking back at these photos, I've noticed that I tend to not bring eyeshadows up past my crease. Why do I do that? It makes me look odd. I can only blame it as post traumatic stress from the time the MAC MUA applying BROWN eyeshadow all the way up to my eyebrow.
Oh well, the whole purpose of this blog was to put my mistakes out for the world to see so that everyone can laugh at me. I have no shame. Live and learn.
And we'll end the post with this:

Our father who art in Vancouver, hockey be thy name. 
Thy will be done, the gold will be won, on ice, as well as thy stands. 
Give us this day, Our hockey sticks, 
and forgive us our penalties as we forgive those who cross check against us. 
Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. 
In the name of the Canadian hockey team,
"AMEN"

Sorry Pavol, tonight I'm supporting Canada.

10 comments:

  1. Purple and pinks look great on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not. I'd just use it on any dry areas. Bath oil? Hmm, you probably could I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm actually going to try this! (the first one) and i've given up watching the mens. the women's last night exhausted me! plus, I also stayed up to watch the figure skating. they should broadcast the events according to EST time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those looks (:
    Browns don't look good on me but I want to go try your purple eye makeup!
    BTW your lashes look soooo long ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the second look! you did a lovely job <3

    WOOOOOoo!! GO CANADA!!! it's always nice to find another Canadian blogger :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I should do this more often with my stuff too. I never use them and they get neglected -.-
    You know what? You're not the only one.. I tend not to go pass the crease much either.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. i usually stay away from drugstore lipsticks too! after trying out the Revlon lipsticks, i hated them because they were so drying and it made me scared to try other drugstore lipsticks too. but then when i heard people raving about the Rimmel's Nude Delight i had to check it out myself. so far i'm quite impressed with their Moisture Renew line. the texture is so much better than the typical drugstore ones! you should definitely try it for yourself :D you might be surprised too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple eye is my fave! You have tip top blending skills m' lady. I think brights woudl suit you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the first look! The color scheme is lovely for both looks though.

    <3,
    Winsley

    ReplyDelete