Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nunu's Kitchen - Pan fried sole fillet

Food I make!

Pan Fried Sole Fillet

You will need:

  • 2 sole fillets - washed and patted dry;
  • 3/4 cup beer of your choice - I used a pale ale;
  • 1 egg;
  • 1 cup bread crumbs;
  • Salt & Pepper to taste;
  • 1 tsp lemon juice;
  • 1 small bunch basil - chopped finely;
  • 1 clove garlic - minced finely;
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise;

La methode:
  • Salt and pepper both sides of sole fillet;
  • Mix together beer and egg;
  • Marinate sole fillets in beer mixture, try allow them to sit in there for at least 20 minutes or so;
  • In the meantime, make your sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil and minced garlic. If it tastes too sour, add more mayonnaise. If it tastes too garlicky, add more basil. There's no set formula to these things, your own taste buds are the best tools in the kitchen!
  • Pour breadcrumbs onto another plate;
  • Coat the fillets by dipping them into the plate of breadcrumbs, use your hands to pack the breadcrumbs onto the fillets;
  • Oil a non-stick pan with a mixture of half butter and half olive oil, once oil is hot, turn heat to medium and place fillets into middle of the pan;
  • Flip the fillets once, when you can poke all the way through the fillet, they're cooked. Depending on the thickness of your fillets, I would say about 2-3 minutes for each side is enough;
  • Drain on a paper towel. Serve with rice and veggies.

You guys don't know how ecstatic I get when I get comments from my readers telling me that they've tried my recipes and like them!!! Do let me know how yours turn out should you decide to try make any of the Nunu's Kitchen recipes! Tell me what works, and what doesn't. I'm always on the lookout to improve!

In other news, guess who came to play?xD


and guess where we went?!



Full post coming soon! xD

10 comments:

  1. omg that looks so good! will definitely try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh looks good and its so easy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! will try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks sooooo good! I'm definitely going to one day go back to your older posts and try some of your recipes out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I am Brazilian
    Congratulations on your blogger, I really liked, be you your blogger.
    i have blogger. "Cool" "coisa legal" em tradução "cool thing" why have cool game is for girls, the game isa tkm games
    Strawberry games, clock and calendar with your photo
    album photo, poem, poetry, music, radio, msn nick,
    mario bros, google map, creates text avatar course
    English, Italian, Hebrew, Chinese. and translation have on my site for you understand Japanese or English.

    http://bloglegalnovo.blogspot.com

    I hope you are my follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Look so nice, I am hungry nowwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh that looks good :D

    ReplyDelete