Twice Baked Potatoes - serves 2
You will need:
- 2 medium sized russet potatoes;
- About half a cup of sour cream - I used the fat free variety;
- Stick of plain unsalted butter or if you use salted butter remember not to over salt later on;
- 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped;
- Handful of cheddar cheese;
- 5 or 6 strips of bacon;
- Salt, pepper and olive oil.
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F
2. Wash, lightly scrub and dry potatoes;
3. Pierce skin of potatoes several times with a fork;
4. Rub olive oil onto skin of potatoes;
5. Bake potatoes in middle of oven for 20 mins or until a skewer can be poked straight through the potato;
6. While the potatoes are baking, fry bacon in a pan until crispy;
7. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towel. Once they're drained, crumple bacon into small bits;
8. Once potatoes are done, remove from oven, cut in half and scoop out flesh to create a potato shell. You'll need to leave the flesh closest to the skin intact or your potato will collapse.
9. To the potato flesh, add the stick of butter, the bacon bits, the cheese, the chopped spring onion, the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste;
10. Mash, mash, mash!! I enlisted the Pookie to do this part, that's his hand in the photo xD. If your mixture appears too dry, add more sour cream!
11. Spoon the mixture back into the hollowed out potato shells;
12. Switch oven setting to 'Broil' and increase temperature to 500F. Return filled potatoes to oven for approx 10 minutes or until top turns gold brown.