Baked Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms - Serves 3.
You will need:
- 3 Portabella mushrooms.
- 3 sausages - I used Italian basil variety.
- 1 small bunch of coriander (The Pookie said it's called "Cilantro" in North America) - chopped coarsely.
- 3 pieces of bacon - fried crispy and crumbled into bits.
- 1 stick of butter - melted.
- 1 small clove of garlic - chopped into bits.
- 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste - I didn't add any because I find the sausage is sufficiently flavoured on its own.
- Brie cheese - optional.
1. Set oven to "Bake" and preheat to 360F.
2. Remove sausage meat from casing.
3. Into the sausage meat, add the coriander, the bacon bits, chopped garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper if needed. Mix well.
4. Clean, and pat dry mushrooms with a paper towel. Remove stalks.
5. Brush melted butter on the inside and outside of mushrooms.
6. Place mushrooms inside up onto a foil lined baking rack. Tip: Place a roasting tray underneath the rack to catch drippings so you won't need to scrub your oven afterwards.
7. Stuff the mushrooms with the sausage meat mixture.
8. Bake the mushrooms in the middle of the oven for approx 25mins or until meat is cooked and lightly browned.
OPTIONAL: Remove mushrooms from oven when done and place a slice of Brie cheese on top of each mushroom. Return the mushrooms to oven for another 5mins or until cheese melts and browns.