Friday, March 15, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse lipstick and lipstain review

These have already been reviewed and swatched to death by the beauty blogging community, but since they are still relatively new to me and I happen to like them a lot, I am going to blog about them anyway. Bear with me!
Colour Caresse Lipstick in Pink Cashmere:

Swatch of Pink Cashmere:
The L'Oreal Colour Caresse lipsticks continue the trend of lightweight, glossy, lip colour. According to L'Oreal, these lipsticks are formulated with 50% less wax than the traditional lipstick and contain jojoba butter for extra moisture. The collection is available in 12 different shades here in Canada.
These are a lot more pigmented than the Colour Riche Balms and the formula is quite reminiscent of Dior Addict lipsticks although with less slip. Very effortless to apply, the silky smooth formula glides on and does indeed feel very lightweight on my lips. I've experienced more moisturising lipsticks but these aren't bad and I didn't feel the need for balm underneath. There is a slight fruity scent to these lipsticks, but it's not unpleasant.
The downside to these lipsticks is that they don't really last, I only get around 3 hours of wear time. They are also slightly pricey for a drugstore brand lipstick at CAN$12-14 each. I'll put these in my "nice to get when they are on sale" category.
Infinite Fuchsia:
Berry Persistent:
The L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stains are relatively new in Canada. I remember stalking quite a few pharmacies for these and finally resorting to whining to American friends. Of course the moment she got them for me, I found them at my local pharmacy.
I'm told that these are a dupe for the YSL Vernis a Levres glossy stains, but since I don't own any of those, I can't compare. YSL is owned by the L'Oreal group so perhaps they use the same formulas.
I must confess my love of flat, wide, applicators, they are great for lazy bums like me because they cover so much surface area in one swipe! Bonus point for that xD.
These feel quite watery on application. Once they dry down they retain a slightly tacky finish. I can't decide if these are moisturising or not, the watery formula tells me they aren't but my lips don't feel too dry either. As you can see from the swatches, the pigmentation is incredible, and I slightly regret getting the 2 brightest colours in the line instead of getting more wearable colours, but wearing bright lip colours makes me a beauty blogger right?! Anyhoo, the stain lasted for a full 6 hours before any noticeable fading, it somehow managed to do this despite me chugging endless cups of tea and a Lara bar during those 6 hours. How is that for long lasting?
I also noticed that these stains don't transfer much. Whilst I won't recommend wiping your lips on your SO's crisp white shirt, I definitely didn't see the usual telltale lipstick marks when I wore these.
I think they're about US$9 each in America. Shoppers Drug Mart sells these for around CAN$13.99. At a fraction of the price of the YSL gloss and with such great lasting power I definitely recommend picking up a few to try.

 Swatches from left: Pink Cashmere; Infinite Fuchsia; and Berry Passionate.

1 comment:

  1. I regret not getting more during SDM bogo sale, as I do love berry persistent! I wear it quite frequently. But I do agree that they are a tad pricey, so I put them in my get when on sale category too :)

    ReplyDelete