This makes about 4 servings (or 1 1/2 if you live in my household -______-")
- 4 things of Udon - I like the frozen ones, they have better texture and taste.
- About 200g of fresh mentaiko (Japanese marinated pollock roe). Use more or less depending on your love of mentaiko. We like LOTS of it xD
- Kimchi - amount also depending on your love of kimchi.
- 1/2 tbsp garlic butter/regular butter, melted
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise. You should probably use Japanese mayonnaise like Kewpie but I just used Hellman's 1/2 The Fat Mayonnaise because that was all I had xD.
- 1 tsp granulated dashi.
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- Toasted nori for decoration
- Boil water and cook udon according to instructions. Drain when done. I usually also run the noodles through cold water to wash off any starch and to stop it from cooking further.
- Remove mentaiko from casing and mix with mayonnaise, dashi, melted butter and cream.
- Heat up some oil in a pan, once the oil is hot, add the udon to the pan. Stir fry the noodles for a bit. Yes "a bit" is a unit of time. Basically just enough to heat up the noodles again xD.
- Add kimchi and mix well with udon.
- Add mentaiko, turn off heat and mix until everything is....mixed.
- Add chopped green onion and toasted nori before serving.
- Watch as significant other shovels your portion into his mouth.
Judgy face cat is judging you.
Bonus NOTD - Wet n Wild in Back Alley Deals (Thank you D!)