Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Butter London Spring Summer 2012 collection swatch and review

Nail Polish Canada generously sent me 2 polishes from Butter London's Spring Summer 2012 collection for review. These guys seriously need to add "There is no charge for awesomeness and attractiveness" on their checkout page. They have an awesome selection of polishes, awesome prices and awesome service. Every time I place an order with them, I'll get a tracking number by that afternoon and by the next day my order will be sitting in my mailbox. Awesome. I'm not even singing their praises because they send me a polish every now and then to be reviewed, I genuinely like them as a company, I love that they're local and happily give them my money.
Butter London's Spring Summer 2012 collection consists of 5 polishes and I received Bossy Pants and Disco Biscuit for review. Butter London polishes are 3 free, cruelty free, vegan and fast drying.

Bossy Boots is a pale dusty pistachio green creme, it is darker than OPI Strange Tides but not as dark as Revlon Spanish Moss or Essie Sew Psyched.
Formula was flawless, no cuticle drag, no gloopinesst. I did 2 thin coats here but 1 medium thick coat will also give full opacity. This wore for 4 days with some tip wear. I wore this shade to Vancouver Fashion Week xD

Disco Biscuit is a raspberry jelly with pink and blue micro glitter. This was 3 coats and there was still some visible nail line. Due to the micro glitter, it dried gritty and required 2 coats of top coat to smooth out. The formula wasn't the easiest to work with as the glitter makes the jelly clumpy and thick. I had to shake the bottle to settle the clumps several times during application. It doesn't look like much once its dried, but after a top coat or two, the beautiful squishy jelly finish comes out and my nails look like sparkly hard boiled sweets. Eeeee! SO MUCH LOVE!
Each polish retails for $17 and the entire Spring Summer 2012 collection is available from Nail Polish Canada. You can also win all 5 polishes from the collection by entering Nail Polish Canada's contest here.
Check out their HOT DEALS section for polishes on sale at up to 40% less! Enter "HOT10" for an extra 10% off anything from that section!

6 comments:

  1. ohh pretty, love them both! (dont really love the $17 price tag though) :p
    thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. disco biscuit looks so cute! $17 is a bit steep though. do you think it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! And I think Butter London has a superior formula. Dries quickly and has minimal wear and tear for 3-4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty shades! I really love the look of Bossy Boots. I've always loved this shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally get to see Disco Biscuit (and not just in the bottle :P)! So pretty! I really like BT's formulas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green one oddly makes me want to eat it......it reminds me of pistachio ice cream xD

    Raspberry jelly avec pink and blue micro glitter????????? ....next time HQ hair gives me a discount code I am gonna get some butter london polishes........

    ReplyDelete