Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nunu's Kitchen - Italian Meatballs.

Food I make!


Si Bella, today-a we make-a the meat-a balls.
Um...yeah, I still can't speak a word of Italian, but that's okay, you don't have to be Italian to make this dish!
Omg, I'm on such a blogging ball xD.

Italian Meatballs


You will need:

Approx 600 grams extra lean minced beef
3 tbsps of breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1 extra large portabella mushroom, sliced.
1 1/2 cups your favourite tomato based pasta sauce, I used Ragu xD.
A few sprigs of coriander/basil.
1 tbsp minced garlic
Olive oil
Dry mixed Italian spices
Salt and Pepper to taste.



La Methode

  • Add everything to the minced meat and mix well.

  • Mix, mix, mix.

  • Put frying pan on your stove and put heat to medium.
  • Form balls about 1" diameter wide, drop them into the pan as you go along. It took me 2 batches to finish.

  • Flip 'em!I used chopsticks xD.

  • Once they're nicely browned, remove from pan and set aside. Don't wash the pan yet!!

  • Saute mushrooms in the juices leftover from the meatballs.

  • Add the meatballs back into the pan with the mushrooms.
  • Add the pasta sauce and coriander/bail.

  • Serve over pasta of your choice.


5 comments:

  1. Lovin the blog posts and recipes girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those looks so good!!!
    i love all your recipes!!
    they look simple and easy to make..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you just put my crummy food post to shame. I really like the step by step pictures!

    Portobello mushrooms are so tasty, at first glance I thought those were shiitake mushrooms! Haha, very "italian"

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahhhh~ soo yummy looking XD

    I wish it was the 28th, and not the 27th as well. then I wouldn't have to rush, and maybe could have convinved myself that I needed more things! lol

    I really hope that they have either another one eventually, or at least a VERY good Boxing day sale :)

    ReplyDelete