Manilla clams were on sale. Remember to scrub the shells clean!!!Use a toothbrush that you won't be using or one of those Scotch Brite scrubbers. It's very important to keep your clams alive by keeping them in water.
Black Bean Clams
You will need:
- Approx 1kg clams, scrubbed clean
- 2 slices ginger, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Approx 8-10 pieces of small fermented black bean, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Dash of Chinese cooking wine
- Chilli peppers or black pepper, optional to taste
- On a chopping board, mince together the fermented black bean, ginger and garlic. Mix together with the vegetable oil to form a sort of paste. Set aside.
- Put heat on high, when your wok is hot, put your clams in. Cover with lid.
- When the clams open (if the clams released A LOT of water when they opened, you might want to throw some out, or you could keep it and use it to make noodles the next day hahahaha), throw in your ginger, garlic and black bean paste. Mix to coat clams with paste
- Throw in optional chilli peppers or black pepper
- Throw in the wine.