Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meishoku Detclear Bright & Peel Fruits Peeling Jelly

Every now and then, I buy products that I don't really understand or need purely because I am intrigued by its name. Mr. Nunu calls this "the power of advertising", a.k.a. "a fool and her money are soon parted". I merely compare it to his want for a 3D TV.
It was as a result of one of these occasions that I came to own the Meishoku Bright & Peel Jelly.
Promises to:
"MEISHOKU Delclear Bright & Peel Fruits Peeling Jelly is a rinse-off exfoliator empowered various berries. Blended with fruit extracts, it loosens burdened skin by removing cuticles hacked by melanin. Therefore, it reveals skin’s natural white and translucent complexion. It also optimizes the benefits of later skin care products. The appearance of black-heads and acne is reduced while sebum secretion is controlled."

Damage:
$12.50 for 180ml from Sasa.com

Ingredients:
water,glycerin,carbomer,steartrimonium chloride,glycosyl trehalose,hydrogenated starch hydrolysate,fragrance,lactobacillus/pear juice ferment filtrate,butylene glycol,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil,vaccinium myrtillus extract,salix nigra (willow) bark extract,saccharum officinarum (sugarcane) extract,malic acid,tartaric acid,glycolic acid,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract,citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract,acer saccharum (sugarmaple) extract,salicylic acid,pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract,rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract

Review:
Honestly? I doubt the efficiency of any product that has such a short contact period with your skin. 
I think the idea behind this gel is that the various fruit extracts added together gives your skin a very light chemical peel? I have no idea.
You're to apply this a clean dry face, upon application, the gel turns into a weird clumpy jelly. This supposedly means it is removing the loose and dead skin cells on your face. I tend to use this in the mornings after a hot shower on days when I don't use any cleanser.
There is a smell, a fruity chemicals mix, it's not strong and it doesn't linger so it doesn't bother me.
I don't really see less blackheads or sebum and when I do breakout it's mostly hormonal so I can't really speak to this peel's intended effects. My face is a bit brighter after the peel but this effect doesn't last.
I recommend you save your money, use a cheap scrub and rub leftover watermelon rind on your face.




troll booger
Before:
After:

10 comments:

  1. Aw too bad the peeling jelly is only mediocre and not very effective. Thanks for sharing this review. The packaging is super cute though. LOL at the troll booger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this product goes in the "novelty" rather than "effective" category, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are f---in' hilarious! I go mad shopping for cosmetics/beauty products when I feel like my skin needs a boost. I have to admit I have ended up with some duds in my time too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know, rub watermelon rind on my face instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! Sounds like one big gimmick. =\ I'll stick to my scrub per your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah your face does look brighter after! Too bad it's only temporary you say? eww the shot of the clumping kinda grossed me out haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's disappointing that it basically didn't do anything. I find myself buying into products with "cool" names too and more often than not they don't work!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you like your neighbour?

    Does he/she have a garden?

    I bury my skincare/makeup fails in my neighbours garden.

    shhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rather than leaving it on your face to set as one layer, it is more effective if you pump out a small amount on your finger than apply in small rubbing motions to portions of your face. Continue rubbing gently until the jelly clumps and dead skins cells are lifted via the jelly. Repeat over the rest of your face

    ReplyDelete
  10. I diagree with this post!!! I'm a Beautisian and I have been using Glycolic 20% and 30% percent for yrs one of my chinese client brought this to me..LOVE it!! I use a nutrialize afterthis peels and then a callagen mask..WOW best peel ever! everyone skins type is different and this person has very bad skin..that needs more then a over the counter peel.. but I just have to say Amazing..Happy customer..

    ReplyDelete