You will need:
- Approx 500g fresh or defrosted Halibut steaks
- 2 1/2 tbsps densely packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 stalk of spring onion - chopped
- In a pan over medium heat, mix the sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic and ginger together. Once it starts to reduce and thicken, remove from heat and cool fully.
- Wash and dry the halibut, once the sauce is cool, allow the fish to sit skin side up in the sauce for 20-30mins.
- Oil a grill pan over medium heat, once grill is hot, place the fish skin side down, cover with lid.
- While the fish is grilling, keep basting the fish with the remaining sauce.
- Grill the fish without flipping over for around 13mins depending on thickness.
- Once fish flakes easily, switch off heat, add remaining sauce into pan and chopped spring onion.
And Maru video guaranteed to put a smile on your face =^..^=