Friday, November 12, 2010

Nunu's Kitchen - Grilled Halibut

I have nothing witty to put here.


You will need:
  • Approx 500g fresh or defrosted Halibut steaks
  • 2 1/2 tbsps densely packed light brown sugar
  • 3 tbsps light soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp cooking sake
  • 2 cloves garlic - minced
  • 2 tbsp minced ginger
  • 1 stalk of spring onion - chopped
La Methode:
  • In a pan over medium heat, mix the sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic and ginger together. Once it starts to reduce and thicken, remove from heat and cool fully.
  • Wash and dry the halibut, once the sauce is cool, allow the fish to sit skin side up in the sauce for 20-30mins.
  • Oil a grill pan over medium heat, once grill is hot, place the fish skin side down, cover with lid.
  • While the fish is grilling, keep basting the fish with the remaining sauce.
  • Grill the fish without flipping over for around 13mins depending on thickness.
  • Once fish flakes easily, switch off heat, add remaining sauce into pan and chopped spring onion.
  • Nom.

And Maru video guaranteed to put a smile on your face =^..^= 

    13 comments:

    1. LOL its like the cat is treating the box like it's a toilet or something hahahaha and yummm fish :D

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wah thanks for the recipe NuNu! I'm happy that is uses relatively common ingredients b/c my kitchen stock is def. lacking LOL. It looks so yummy in the picture.

      I LOVE Maru!! Best fat cat evaaar.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I can smell the goodness through my computer screen! Thanks for sharing another great recipe! How much is starting price to hire you as a personal chef? lol. Have a great weekend, Nunu!

      ReplyDelete
    4. You've reminded me to eat more fish. XD And for a second there, I thought Maru was going to fit inside that slim box...lol. If it were my dog, she'd just go "Eff this" and walk away. XD

      Thanks for the recs! I've tried OPI and CG but not the other two.

      ReplyDelete
    5. LOL!! is that your cat?? Maru is so cute!!!!!! I wonder why cats love to hide themselves in boxes hahahaha!! When I was travelling and staying in different homes, the cats always sit themselves inside my luggage =_='' like it was their cat house or something. but they're too cute HAHAHA esp when Maru was fitting in the Miffy stand-up box.

      Wish i could keep a cat when I move out XD

      ReplyDelete
    6. You're a kitchen goddess!!! *bows*

      Yay for the simple ingredients!! Now, off to search for some halibut. Can I substitute it with some other fish?

      ReplyDelete
    7. hahahaha hello i'm that person XD!

      you and Justine and Sheila are going to make my wallet cry with all those CP from Canada!! i should stop, really XD

      Do you have access to ELF and wet n wild?

      I agree with you - only the pouch looks pretty!

      p.s. i'm going to pick up the lunasol coffret on sunday :) hope they haven't sold out yet! (think they're going to sell it first in a counter tomorrow, the other counters will carry it on the 22nd Nov)

      ReplyDelete
    8. oh sweet and cooking mama nunu, can i live with you? *beautiful eyes* ^_^

      ReplyDelete
    9. The cat is so cute! Hahaha..
      Thanks for the recipe, it looks so yummy~

      ReplyDelete
    10. I actually think they smell okay hehe~

      ReplyDelete
    11. That looks sooo delicious. Whenever I see your recipe posts it reminds me so much of my mom's home cooking :D

      ReplyDelete
    12. I've definitely missed being on here and missed you and your posts as well! Especially the food posts...because 1) they're delicious 2) they get me laid. hahaha!

      ReplyDelete
    13. haahhaa you have a sharp eye ;) i think they're about to kiss though!

      hehe you speak cantonese right?

      ReplyDelete